Thursday, March 3, 2011

A camelid conference, you say?


Did you know that llamas are related to camels and that both are in the Camelid family?

A friend of mine told me recently that a conference on Camelid health and care was coming to a location about 90 minutes from my home:

Reviewing the agenda, it has speakers covering a number of topics that interest me, specifically "Parasites in the Northwest" and "Skin and dermatology issues in Camelids":

I'm excited at the prospect of hearing about new findings and "talking llama" with other llama owners. I already have a number of "proud mama" pictures that I've laid out that I'll be taking along to show off my girl, Kai:

So, really, what I wanted to say is: if anybody needs me today, this is where I'll be.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Well have a great time talkin' Llama and all.
    Kai is so sweet. Bet she loves those pieces of carrot.
    Have fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to "hear" about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great opportunity and not far from home. I can't wait to hear all about what you've learned to further take care of your adorable Kai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I was chastising myself for not messaging you and offering to take you to lunch in Portland today! Obviously you had better things to do! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Hope you are having fun, filling your head with fascinating llama facts, and we'll take a rain check on lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I was chastising myself for not messaging you and offering to take you to lunch in Portland today! Obviously you had better things to do! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Hope you are having fun, filling your head with fascinating llama facts, and we'll take a rain check on lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What was the most surprising thing you learned?
    I expect a 500 word essay. Single spaced. Helvetica font, size 12. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool- I didn't know they had Camelid confrences! I hope your drive is okay and all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Llamas are great to look at, but my horses hate them, and we have to be very careful when we ride up to them. Over time, they seem to get used to them, but the ears say that they are on high alert. I am getting too old to get dumped on my but. I've never heard of anyone trying to ride them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope they have Peanut breaks. Otherwise it just wouldn't be worth going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great conference. Kai would be so proud you're taking "proud mama" photos with you.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A Camelidae keeps the doctor away!"

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ it when you leave a comment.