Have you been able to guess who has come to visit me?
My blogging friend, Marcee, a.k.a. frugalmom, has come all the way from her home in Illinois to visit Critter Farm.
I sure hope she's having fun. At the very least, though, I know I'm keeping her busy. Within the last 24 hours, she has:
* met me for the first time:
* seen me almost lose my cool when I lost the airport parking ticket needed to get out of the parking structure (crisis was averted after about ten minutes when I found it under her suitcase).
*scratched a jersey cow chin:
* gotten a piggy back ride from my son, Aidan, so she didn't have to wade in ankle-high cow manure (where was my camera when I needed it?!)
* held a REALLY big wrench:
* ridden through a corn field in the back of a pick up truck driven by my teenage son:
* helped unload 1 ton of hay (she's a master now at balancing two bales in a wheelbarrow):
* watched my surprised husband and son chase a speedy mouse throughout our living room (welcome to the farm, marcee!).
* taken a (brief) walking tour through downtown Portland at 7:20 in the morning (that was enough big city for both of us).
* visited Trader Joe's (they don't have those where she comes from, poor lass):
* fed carrots to starving donkeys:
* and, at his repeated insistence, scratched Pistol's behind (she must've done this before - she's quite good at it!).
So far, so good. She's been a great sport about everything. It sort of feels like I've known her forever. The best part is that none of us have made her cry (yet), so I would now like to proclaim the first part of her trip a success. But, in all fairness, I guess we should wait to hear what *she* has to say...