I know for sure that:
- We will have chickens. I like chickens.
- We will have goats. Goats are funny.
- We will grow sunflowers and other pretty blooming things. I'm good at this.
- We will have some fruit trees. I've never had those before.
- I will bake some amazing bread. Bread is an incredible comfort food.
- There are surprises ahead for us. These surprises will be both good and bad.
What I, personally, would like is:
- to take in abandoned, neglected or abused animals.
- to create a calm and safe home for them.
- to learn the difference between hay and straw. :-)
- to have one or two horses (Jim isn't convinced yet).
What I don't know yet is:
- how to help my animals most effectively.
- how I will afford all this.
- whether to create an official sanctuary or refuge.
- if I should establish a 501 (c) (3) non-profit as a means for support.
- if I should market the farm as a learning tool for children and their parents, allowing them access to and experience with animals they might not see every day.
- whether I will have enough free-range eggs from my incredibly happy hens to give to all my friends who are anxious for them. :-)