Sunday, July 24, 2011

It was needing to be done


This was a long time coming. Beau's tail looked horrible... all stringy and scraggly:

While Chester's tail looks as handsome as the rest of him:

I had been thinking about tidying up Beau's tail for a while now. You may recall that, over at Morning Bray Farm, Fergus had gotten a tail trim (<-- click link to read story) back in February. When I thought about Fergus over the weekend, I suddenly knew it was time:

So, with no hesitation, I made the cut:

...and in honor of sweet Fergus who passed away suddenly a little more than a week ago, Beau now has -as Carson at 7MSN called it- a "fashion forward" tail, too:

Chester wasn't quite sure what to make of all the attention Beau's hind end was getting:

But after taking a closer look...:

He decided he was fully on board with my decision and allowed Beau to stand with him while I took his their picture:

He looks good, doesn't he?

And very fashion forward:

I will think of Fergus every time I look at Beau from behind.

Fergus:

9 comments:

  1. Fergus sure started a new fashion trend among donkeys! In horses that is called a "banged" tail and it's popular in England. I think donkey's need to call it "The Fergus" in honor of a lovely fellow now passed. Our friend Number the Thoroughbred has a banged tail but Gimli the Goat did it! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fashionable, and what a lovely way to honor Fergus, and keep him fondly in your memories.
    LiBBiE in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Beau's new look to his tail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another donkey on the cutting edge of fashion. He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does look good. Fergus would have been so pleased to know that he's a trendsetter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up. I am glad Roxi is doing better.

    When I broke my foot, it took some time for things to get working again. The doc sent me to physical therapy two weeks later, and I couldn't believe I couldn't move my toes, just because they had been inactive for two weeks. My brain who say Move, and the toes would do nada. It all come back, though.

    Maybe, if it doesn't hurt her and the vet okays it, you could gently massage Roxi's leg and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "cutting" edge of fashion *snort* (did you intend that pun, Linda?)

    he is way more hip than I am for sure: and what a nice tribute for Fergus :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fergus was so handsome! And so are your boys. Nice haircut.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ it when you leave a comment.